Thursday, May 22, 2008

In Loving Memory of My Mother Sister Deanie Easter


My mother passed away Tuesday May 15, 2008. Her family had gathered around her bedside and we were able to hold her hand through this time. She was such a wonderful beautiful lady. I will miss her terribly. I thank God that I had the time with her that I did. She had a lovely funeral service in Tulsa where many brethern and friends attended. Later in the day she had a graveside service at Parkland Cemetary. Bro. Bill Porter & Bro. Danny Godwin officiated the services. We were blessed during mothers last days to have the help of many of our family. Moms Aunt Virginia James from New Mexico came and cared for her, as well as Aunt Joy Easter, Uncle Carl & Aunt Wanda James and many others. My sisters and I bathed her a day or so before she died. It was an honor to care for her in her own home.

Many brethern came and brought food while we were there. Bro. Bill & Sis. Marcelle were such a big help to our family. As were Bro. Danny & Sis. Coweta Godwin. Many more brethern than I could possibly name visited and helped us so much. Beth & Robert pulled their 5th Wheel over for Alan & I to stay in. It made things so nice for us. Alan got up each morning after mom died and set and had coffee with my Dad. Dad was only sleeping about 4 hours a night and he really needed the company. Please pray for him. I know he is going to be so lonely without her.

The night before the funeral we stayed with Colin & Teresa. What a blessing it is to have friends like that. I feel like I have riches untold when I see all of the friends I have. We love you Colin & Teresa. We love everyone of you who have helped us through this trial.

9 comments:

Sabriena said...

I'm glad that you have the comfort of close friends, it must be terribly hard to lose your mother. We've still been praying for the family, of course. Our love and prayers are repeated several times daily.

meNmykids said...

What a beautiful picture! Nice to see that again and remember her like that instead of how she was toward the end. Our prayers are still with you all, especially your dad. It is such and emotional thing to lose a parent or companion. Glad the services were nice.

Jules said...

Your mom will definately be missed. I'm glad you got to spend a lot of time with her in her last months. That is sucha great picture of her. We're continuing to pray for you and your family, especially your dad. I know he'll have some lonely times ahead. We love you all.

Cherrie said...

I am so sorry for your loss. We are praying for you and your family.

Mrs. Mom said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. The photo you posted is exactly how I remember your mom... such a beautiful person. You are in my prayers.

Amber Lois said...

I want you to know that I love you and you are in my Prays.

Sylvia said...

That is such a beautiful picture of your Mom. I am so thankful you have the comfort of good friends, loving family and all of the brethren. We will continue to pray for you and your family. Your dad looked so tired and sad. I know he is really going to need Gods comfort.

Sis Stubby said...

So sorry for your loss.I know you will miss her.But we do have something the world does not have and that is hope for a better place .

Mrs.Martin said...

I also think the picture is beautiful and that is how I will always remember her. Full of life. We are praying for your dad too and Colin said he was going to pop in on him soon.

I have some pictures for you, I hope to remember to email them to you. Bug me about it later.

PS Your comment about the candle cracked me up!