Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Learning to Speak Spanglish

This year as I have said, I will be homeschooling Tyler & Mason. One of the things we all want to accomplish is to learn how to speak Spanish. I purchased from Rosetta Stone Spanish (Latin America) levels 1 & 2. It arrived last night and I have been messing around with it since. This morning Alex says "Mama I want to learn to speak English too." So I guess that is my next job. To teach Alex how to speak English!

On a different note. We have been extremely busy with our well drilling business this summer. We are supposed to go to Norwood and drill 10 wells for a developer there. So we will be borrowing a camp trailer to live in for a couple of weeks and we will stay up there until the jobs are done. I am not very outdoorsy, but I will be a trouper and report back to everyone my survival tips. Some of you are old hands at this so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I got to meet Sis. Laurie & Family this last weekend. That was very nice. I guess I didn't meet the whole family as I beleive she has a bunch of boys, but did meet Raine and the dad.

9 comments:

Amber Lois said...

Sounds like you have your hands full. You would think that I would have tons of advice for you since I might as well have lived in the woods for a time but I don't really remember. One thing that I do remember is the SOS sign is 3. Like three blows through a whistle.

JoAnn said...

Thats a good one amber I will have to remember that.

Aunt Peetza said...

Wow sounds like you will be busy, i thought about learning spanish.....and then again i decided to much work hehehe..

Sabriena said...

Good luck on that! Spanish is so fun to learn. I think that ours is "Powerglide" or some thing like that. I can't remember for sure. We haven't used it in a long time. But we might have Rosetta Stone Spanish, too. I really don't remember. Have fun for your two week trip. Best wishes!

Skylene said...

I hope you have a great time living in a camper! I have been doing a little Spanish with my kids too. They don't remember it very well but I guess it is supposed to be good for them!

Tish said...

Good luck with your Spanglish! I hope your survive life in a camper for 10 weeks. I think it would be a fun experience for a week or so, but I'm sure it will get old for 10 weeks, but I hope it goes well. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Jules said...

Well Spanish is definately a good thing to learn in this part of the country, LOL. Half the population in Olathe speaks it ;) We had a nice time over at your house the other day, I enjoyed our visit.

Sylvia said...

I might be able to teach my kids English but I am not sure about Spanish. Let me know how it goes.
Have fun camping. A little time away sound good to me.

Trina said...

hahaha I am sure you will do great! After all you are a mom to many, and you live on a farm so you are better prepared than you think....hehehe

Let us know how it all goes though!