Thursday, June 19, 2008

Yeah For ME!

I need lots of atta girls for this one.

This morning I devoted all of the morning to finishing Arlenes Wedding Veil and guess what???I actually got it DONE.

When Cindie & Arlene went to pick out her wedding dress they so graciously invited Emily & I along. She ended up picking the dress that I loved the absolute most. It honestly looks like it was made just for her. Anyway when she put it on the final time at the shop the gal put a veil on her and she just looked incredibly beautiful, I actually started getting teary eyed over the whole thing. So I asked her if I could make her veil and she (being the trusting soul that she is)said I could.

Fast Forward to the last few weeks. I have been slowly but surely sewing the lace on and had the longest part of it complete and was stumped about how to do the top but this morning it kind of came to me (in a flash of brilliance no less) and I got it all sewed together. It looks lovely on her and really hope that she likes it. And yes, I did get all weepy all over again. Arlene was a junior bridesmaid in mine and Alans wedding and it is so sweet that Emily gets to be a flower girl in hers.

I will probably be bawl baby at the wedding, but thats alright cause thats what over emotional aunts are for. I must get this all out of my system before any of my own dear children decide to leap from the nest!

9 comments:

Amber Lois said...

Yeah you YOU!!!

Marisela said...

Glad you were able to get it done. I sometimes cry at weddings too...it's just so sweet. You should take lots of pictures and post them on here. I would love to see them since I can't go.

Sis. Lori P. said...

I'm so confused on who's marrying whom and all... but that's wonderful that you finished the veil and have time to spare. And...I really get weepy at weddings!

meNmykids said...

So glad that it is done, would hate to push it to the last moment. I will cry too. Sigh.

Sabriena said...

Oh, that's so good. Things like that always give you a great sense of accomplishment when they are done - which is no less than they should! I'm sure that even if you get it all out of your system, when your first child gets engaged, you'll get it all back into your system right away! Probably even more than ever before! Emily is such a cute little girl. She will be a beautiful flower girl, I'm sure. And Arlene is doubtlessly going to be a beautiful bride!

Cherrie said...

I am very impressed that you made a wedding veil. Glad you got it done, what a great feeling.

Jules said...

That is awesome! I'm sure the veil is gorgeous :D I wish I could afford to go out there for her wedding. We are going to take money out of our tax refund to get to go to Savanna's wedding though. I can't wait to see pictures of her wedding. Ya know, I didn't even cry at my own wedding, but I couldn't hardly hold back at Steph and Jeremy's. I did cry, hehe.

Trina said...

That took some courage to sign up for veil making. I'm totally impressed! Ya know you could start making them for all the sisters. That would be an amazing and sentimental gift....hehehe You would have to have the girls send you links to the ones that they like to get an idea for the style. Aren't I grand for implanting this idea?! hehehe Seriously though, "Yeah for you!!"

Sylvia said...

Good for you!! I am totally impressed. I always think I am doing something pretty great it I just make it to the wedding with a gift and all of the kids looking decent. You know how challenging that can be sometimes.

I think you are just practicing for when your kids get married. I can picture you now.