Friday, March 7, 2008

Mason



Number two son is Mason. He is eleven. Loves his music (really into bluegrass), sits next his grandma in church and sings. I just love that. Gives me warm fuzzies. He is right between little boy things & being a big kid. Such a tough place to be sometimes. Since Josiah died last January he never leaves the house without strangle hugging me and saying "Love You Mom". All of the kids are dealing with that situation in their own way. Josiah and Mason were very good friends. Mason always made time for him even though he was 3 years younger. So sad to lose a cousin.


Today after school he went back to work digging his hole. Don't know why he is doing it. It dosen't really go anywhere, but he seems to be having a great time. Mason is my academic and begs me to homeschool him again because so much of Public School is review. He says the only thing exciting is math. He excels at that. We all know how much patience I have with homeschooling, so lets just say that we won't be going there anytime soon. Tyler, however, is going to homeschool 7th grade through the summer so that he can go right into eight in the fall with his proper class. Pray for me.


2 comments:

meNmykids said...

Aren't kids wonderful with their unique personalities? I know the feeling of warm fuzzies, I feel that a lot about singing too. Aren't you glad that Mason wants to be sure you would be left with that last hug if ever it happened? How sweet. A life shaping event, for everyone linked to the family.

Jules said...

When I was pregnant with Blake, my dad wanted me to name (if it was a GIRL) my baby Mason. I told him NO, Mason is totally a BOY name ;) Your kids are growing SO fast. I was so surprized to see everyone when they were here. Especially Amy and Alex, they've changed a LOT since I saw them last.